CMS is the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. It is part of the Department of Health and Human Services. CMS works with state governments to manage the Medicare program, and administer Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. It collects and analyzes data, produces research reports, and works to eliminate instances of fraud and abuse within the healthcare system.
CMS is committed to the following:
- Serve the public as a trusted partner and steward, dedicated to advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes
- Advance health equity by addressing the health disparities that underlie the health system
- Build on the Affordable Care Act and expand access to quality, affordable health coverage and care
- Engage its partners and the communities it serves throughout the policymaking and implementation process
- Drive innovation to tackle the health system challenges and promote value-based, person-centered care.
- Protect its programs’ sustainability for future generations by serving as a responsible steward of public funds
- Foster a positive and inclusive workplace and workforce, and promote excellence in all aspects of its operations
To learn more about CMS, visit www.cms.gov.