We love the power of yoga! Yoga dates back to the Indus-Sarasvati civilization in Northern India over 5,000 years ago. There are many benefits yoga has for the mind and body. Today we take a look at some of the ways yoga may be able to help you.
- The slow movements and deep breathing of yoga help increase blood flow and warm up muscles
- Holding a yoga pose can help build strength
- The stretching that comes with yoga can help ease pain and improve mobility in people with lower back pain
- Gentle yoga can help ease discomfort from tender, swollen joints due to arthritis
- Yoga can help reduce stress and inflammation, which is good for heart health
- Those who practice yoga may experience better sleep
- Yoga can help increase energy and improve mood
The benefits of yoga are extensive. If you are considering getting started with yoga, it is a good idea to ask your physician or physical therapist for recommendations as to what type of yoga routine would be best for you.