There are many different types of orthopedic procedures. Some of the most common include hip replacement surgery, knee replacement or arthroscopic surgery, shoulder and rotator cuff surgery, hand and wrist surgery, and ACL surgery. These surgeries can require extensive recovery times, pain medications, and significant costs.
Costs for these procedures can certainly vary from surgery center to surgery center. We have conducted a brief online search for orthopedic procedure pricing. Here are some of our findings…
A surgery center in Ohio listed the following prices:
- Total Shoulder Arthroplasty $18,165
- Total Hip Arthroplasty $17,705
- Total Knee Arthroplasty $16,000
A surgery center in Florida listed the following prices:
- Total shoulder replacement $30,000
- Total hip replacement $28,000
- Total knee replacement $25,000
- Partial knee replacement $23,500
These costs are only rising. The good news is there are alternatives to these orthopedic procedures such as stem cell therapy and platelet-rich plasma (PRP). If you are considering undergoing one of these orthopedic procedures, we would be happy to discuss options.